Laundry & Linen Services
“Holistic Laundry Service”
We are the leader in hospital laundry processing for healthcare facilities. With over 550 laundry accounts, we process over 630 million pounds of laundry throughout North America annually, with responsibility for laundry plant operations in 55 facilities ranging from 520,000 pounds to 90 million pounds.
We maximize your linen utilization. Our programs reduce your pounds per adjusted patient day through optimized linen utilization. We offer transparent pricing so you always know what you are paying – no hidden surcharges.
CROTHALL LAUNDRY & LINEN SERVICES UNIQUENESS
Holistic Linen Solutions
We do more than just process linen. We develop and implement tailored and logistically streamlined solutions that cover every aspect of the linen utilization cycle, ensuring that you have the high-quality linens you need, where you need them, when you need them, guaranteed.
We implement linen management strategies that will help reduce overall linen usage, loss, and costs. Working with you, we will establish bed change policies, appropriate par levels, installation of linen vending machines, and institution of discharge and trash audits to maximize linen utilization.
Multi-level Quality Assurance Programs
- Periodic laboratory test piece analysis to determine tensile strength loss and whiteness retention
- Testing of wash formulas to ensure sanitization and correct pH to preserve linen life
- Ensure water hardness levels are not interfering with the proper functioning of chemicals in the wash
- Periodic inspections of clean linens prior to shipment and an internal pre-shipment reject rate is tracked
- Cultures are taken of linen, machinery, and submitted to an independent laboratory for analysis
We use continuous batch Tunnel Washers for reduced water consumption and we utilize water heat-sharing systems to reduce energy consumption. We employ innovative water recycling systems that cut water usage in half and utilize non-plastic and recyclable collection bags.
- Regulatory compliance is guaranteed. The design of our facility meets JCAHO recommendations and requirements governing a healthcare laundry facility, and our processing operation incorporates JCAHO, OSHA, and other regulating agency recommendations and requirements relative to sanitary conditions.
- Environmentally conscious laundry practices. Crothall was the first commercial laundry provider to eliminate phosphates and NPEs from our chemicals. Since 2007, Crothall Laundry & Linen Services has pursued voluntary accreditation for all of our laundry processing facilities from the Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC). Nearly all of Crothall's laundry facilities have received accreditation.