Financial Analyst/Controller - Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104Posted Date: May 5, 2021
Position Title: CONTROLLER
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
Working as the Financial Analyst you will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of Crothall Healthcare. You will assist with all the accounting and control functions at the account including all revenue and expense reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and monthly financial reporting requirements.
- Compiles new and rebid pro-forma and analyzes for accuracy
- Prepares and analyzes monthly management reporting; new, rebid and lost business reporting; weekly Business Owner Reports
- Provides financial guidance to operating units within the region on matters involving client returns, revenue and profitability goals
- Improves financial status by compiling and analyzing budgets and forecast, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and considering "what if” scenarios to bring forth suggestions to the Director of Finance
- Documents and maintains complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transaction.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual project
- Creates and designs reports and spreadsheets; creates and maintains a database to organize, collect and upload data into required reporting formats
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Ability to competently use a personal computer
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Experience with SAP, Excel, Power Point, Access
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the support services industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Accounting and Finance