ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, EVS
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18017Posted Date: Mar 4, 2021
Position Title: ASST DIR, UNIT III
Pay GRADE 12
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
Working as the Assistant Director of Environmental Services, you are responsible for assisting in the overall management of the Environmental Services Department. You will therefore help to manage the department within the established objectives, standards, policies and procedures as well as within the federal, state and local regulations. You will assist the Director in being financially accountable for the department by operating within the approved budget, while also providing the Client with the maximum value spent. In addition, the assistant director will foster interdepartmental relations and integrate the environmental service department with the facility plan of operations.
- Maintains an environment that is in sanitary, attractive and in orderly condition
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and supervises functions and activities of the department
- Conducts regular management staff meetings and communicates with members of other departments to coordinate activities
- Maintains the department in an “inspection ready” state at all times, assuring the department operates within federal, state, and local regulations
- Maintains excellent relations with Client and all Client departments
- Serves on community committees and professional organizations
- Ensures that competency in the position is maintained by participating in Community Works and outside training programs, as required
- Follows all Client and community policies and procedures
- Promotes the professional growth and development of the entire team and the department employees at all times
- Implements change to the environmental service program that enhances the desirability of the community for current and future residents
- Encourages and nurtures associate creativity and innovation with the Community Works program
- Maintains appropriate security for all Client-owned property, supplies and operating funds
- B.S. Degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of EVS/Housekeeping experience in a retirement or adult home preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP) certification highly desirable
- Excellent customer services skills and experiences
- Experience with Federal & State healthcare surveys
- Experience with P&L accountability highly desirable
- Contract-managed service experience is desirable
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 459340
SARA E FELZER