Compass Group Support Services Employee Benefits: Flexible Benefits to Meet Your Needs
Compass Group Support Services strives to provide you with a benefits program that offers a wide variety of options so you can customize the coverage to fit your and your family’s needs.
Through our benefits package you can select from an array of choices to provide maximum protection for you and your family, including alternatives that can help you save money on taxes.
Some benefit costs are shared between you and Compass Group Support Services, while others are made available to you at a reasonable group rate.
Click here to login to PlanSource to enroll or modify your benefits coverage.
ELIGIBILITY FOR COVERAGE
If you are a full-time associate (working 30 or more hours per week), you are eligible to enroll in CGSS benefits. Once you have been employed with CGSS for more than one year, your employment status and benefits eligibility will be verified based on the average of your actual hours paid in the previous 12 months. This average will be recalculated each year prior to Annual Enrollment.
The following family members are eligible for medical, dental, and vision coverage. (Make sure you have social security numbers for all dependents handy when you enroll for coverage. They are required to enroll dependents):
- Lawful spouse.
- Children, including stepchildren and children of your domestic partner up to the end of the month in which he/she becomes age 26.
- Unmarried children age 26 or older who are mentally or physically unable to care of themselves, but only if the disability arose at a time when the child could have been covered as a dependent under CGSS’s benefits.
CGSS offers several medical plan options to give you a variety of coverage so you can select a plan that’s right for you and your family. In some areas a Regional HMO may be offered. If you live in an area where no networks are available, you will have the option of the Bronze Plus, Silver Plus or Gold Plus - Out of Area Plans. Medical carriers are offered by state with at least one carrier offered as “Best in Market”. Contributions are withheld on a pre-tax basis.
CGSS now offers prescription drug coverage through CVS CAREMARK. For Regional HMO plans that may be available to you will administer their own prescription drug coverage. (Regional HMO’s participants will receive a combined medical and prescription card):
- Significant cost savings on prescriptions.
- Customer service representatives who are available 24 hours a day/seven days a week.
- The convenience of access to thousands of pharmacies nationwide, including most major chains – like Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS.
We offer two dental plans options, a Comprehensive and a Basic Plan through Cigna. Cigna dental plans allow you to use any dentist you choose, but also gives you access to the Total Cigna DPPO network of preferred provider dentist. Deductions are withheld on a pre-tax basis. You can choose a dental provider at www.mycigna.com or call 1-800-244-6224.
- Preventive Exams covered up to 100%.
- Basic services are covered up to 80%.
- Major services are covered up to 50% with calendar year max up to $1500.
Vision Service Providers (VSP), the nation’s largest provider of eye care benefits, administers our vision coverage. VSP does not issue an identification card. VSP has a nationwide network of more than 20,000 doctors located in rural and metropolitan locations to help with your vision needs. Choose a VSP provider at www.vsp.com or call 1-800-877-7195.
- Annual eye exams.
- Frame coverage up to $160 every other year.
- In lieu of glasses, contacts are covered up to $160 every twelve (12) months.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Two “pre-tax” spending accounts are available.
Medical Spending Account
- $2550 Account Limit.
- Lets you reimburse yourself with tax-free dollars for expenses such as doctor visit co-pays, dental and vision expenses, and much more.
Dependent Spending Account
- $5000 Account Limit.
- Lets you reimburse yourself with tax-free dollars for daycare expenses for your dependent children under age 13 and eldercare services for other qualifying dependents ($2500, if you’re married and file separate tax returns).
There are many valuable benefits available that you may not know about. For example, the Qualified Transit and Parking Expense Plan allows you to set aside pre-tax money to pay for work-related commuting and van pool expenses. This benefit and so many more.
Basic life insurance coverage is provided to most eligible associates at no cost. Note: Bargaining Unit Associates may or may not have basic life and should refer to their Union contract (CBA).
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
You may choose to purchase AD&D coverage for you, or for you and your family. AD&D pays a benefit in the event your death, dismemberment, loss of sight or hearing or paralysis as the result of an accident. There are six levels of coverage ranging from $25,000 to $500,000. If you choose dependent coverage, you will receive a percentage of your associate coverage amount for the death and/or injury of your dependent.
Voluntary Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance coverage is available to most eligible associates for yourself, spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Voluntary Disability Coverage
Short and Long Disability coverage is available to most eligible associates based on their employment status, except, whereby a state disability plan exists (California, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico) Note: Bargaining unit associates should refer to their Union contract (CBA) as disability coverage may vary.
- Short Term Disability benefits are payable after 8 days for illness or injury providing a weekly income for up to 26 weeks payable if you have a non-occupational disability – including maternity leave.
- Long Term Disability provides monthly benefit amounts which are payable after you have been disabled for 26 weeks (180 days) of disability.
Intervent Wellness Program
Offers associates to take a free confidential online Health Risk Assessment (HRA), administered by Intervent that gives you an outline of your health status. Associates who complete the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) will receive a $3 wellness credit toward their medical deductions. Associates can also earn an additional wellness credit if their spouse takes the HRA too. To credit the wellness credit, you and/or your spouse must be enrolled in a Compass Group Support Services medical plan. To complete your HRA via phone please call 877-498-0216.
Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust is our record keeper and trustee for the Compass Group Support Services.
Following three months of employment, all eligible associates can enroll daily in Compass Group Support Services 401(k) plan.
- Pre-tax contributions can range from 1% to 50% of salary.
- The company matches 35 cents on the dollar up to the first 3% of an associate deferral contributions.
- A participant is 100% vested in matching contributions upon being tenured with 3 years of service.
Employee Assistance Program
The EAP is offered at no cost to our associates. This program provides both access and references to external resources for assistance with family matters, legal issues, and work life solutions. Contact Health Advocate at 866-695-8622.
Flexible Spending Accounts - NGE
Retirement & Savings [401(k)] - Wells Fargo
Coming soon for 2016…under construction
Fee Disclosure Notice
Medicare Creditable Coverage
Every year CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) requires that all Medicare eligible employees are notified that the prescription drug programs Compass Group Support Services offers are considered Creditable. Please click here for the disclosure notice.
More information on Creditable Coverage can be found on the CMS website: