Compass Group Support Services Employee Benefits: Flexible Benefits to Meet Your Needs
Compass Group Support Services strives to provide you with a benefits program that offers a wide variety of options so you can customize the coverage to fit your and your family’s needs.
Through our benefits package you can select from an array of choices to provide maximum protection for you and your family, including alternatives that can help you save money on taxes.
Some benefit costs are shared between you and Compass Group Support Services, while others are made available to you at a reasonable group rate.
Click here to login to PlanSource to enroll or modify your benefits coverage.
ELIGIBILITY FOR COVERAGE
If you are a full-time associate (working 30 or more hours per week), you are eligible to enroll in CGSS benefits. Once you have been employed with CGSS for more than one year, your employment status and benefits eligibility will be verified based on the average of your actual hours paid in the previous 12 months. This average will be recalculated each year prior to Annual Enrollment.
The following family members are eligible for medical, dental, and vision coverage (Make sure you have social security numbers for all dependents handy when you enroll for coverage. They are required to enroll dependents):
- Lawful spouse
- Certified same-sex domestic partner
- Children, including stepchildren and children of your domestic partner up to the end of the month in which he/she becomes age 26
- Unmarried children age 26 or older who are mentally or physically unable to care of themselves, but only if the disability arose at a time when the child could have been covered as a dependent under CGSS’s benefits.
Important note: Same-sex couples legally married anywhere in the US or abroad are considered married for federal tax purposes, regardless of where the couple lives. Because of this, associates with a same-sex spouse are no longer obligated to pay imputed income or after-tax deductions under CGSS Benefits Program.
CGSS offers several medical plan options to give you a variety of coverage so you can select a plan that’s right for you and your family. These benefits may vary depending upon the State you reside in. Contributions are withheld on a pre-tax basis.
CGSS now offers prescription drug coverage through CVS CAREMARK with:
- Significant cost savings on prescriptions
- Customer service representatives who are available 24 hours a day/seven days a week
- The convenience of access to thousands of pharmacies nationwide, including most major chains – like Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS.
We offer two dental plans, a Comprehensive and a Basic Plan through Guardian. Deductions are withheld on a pre-tax basis. You can choose a dental provider at www.glic.com or call 1-800-541-7846.
- Preventive Exams covered up to 100%
- Basic services are covered up to 80%
- Major services are covered up to 50% with calendar year max up to $1500
We offer a comprehensive vision plan through VSP (Vision Service Providers). Deductions are withheld on a pre-tax basis. VSP does not issue an identification card. Choose a VSP provider at www.vsp.com or call 1-800-877-7195.
- Annual eye exams
- Frame coverage up to $160 every twelve (12) months
- In lieu of glasses, contacts are covered up to $160 every twelve (12) months
- Sunglass enhancement benefit
Flexible Spending Accounts
Two “pre-tax” spending accounts are available
Medical Spending Account
- $2500 Account Limit
- Lets you reimburse yourself with tax-free dollars for expenses such as doctor visit co-pays, dental and vision expenses and much more
Dependent Spending Account
- $5000 Account Limit
- Lets you reimburse yourself with tax-free dollars for daycare expenses for your dependent children under age 13
There are many valuable benefits available which you may not know about. For example, the Qualified Transit and Parking Expense Plan allows you to set aside pre-tax money to pay for work-related commuting and van pool expenses. This benefit and so many more.
Life and Accident Insurance
Basic life insurance coverage is provided to most eligible associates at no cost. Note: Bargaining Unit Associates may or may not have basic life and should refer to their Union contract (CBA).
Voluntary Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance coverage is available to most eligible associates for yourself, spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Voluntary Disability Coverage
Short and Long Disability coverage is available to most eligible associates based on their employment status, Except, whereby a state disability plan exists (California, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico) Note: Bargaining unit associates should refer to their Union contract (CBA) as disability coverage may vary.
- Short Term Disability benefits are payable after 15 days for illness or injury up to 60% of your weekly earnings and can continue up to 26 weeks.
- Long Term Disability benefits are payable after 180 days of disability up to 40, 50, or 60% of your monthly earnings.
Intervent Wellness Program
Coming soon for 2016…under construction
Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust is our record keeper and trustee for the Compass Group Support Services.
Following three months of employment, all eligible associates can enroll daily in Compass Group Support Services 401(k) plan.
- Pre-tax contributions can range from 1% to 50% of salary
- The company matches 35 cents on the dollar up to the first 3% of an associate deferral contributions
- A participant is 100% vested in matching contributions upon being tenured with 3 years of service
Employee Assistance Program
The EAP is offered at no cost to our associates. This program provides both access and references to external resources for assistance with family matters, legal issues, and work life solutions. Contact IBH at 1-800-386-7055.
Flexible Spending Accounts - NGE
Retirement & Savings [401(k)] - Wells Fargo
Intervent Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
You will be able to complete a confidential Health Risk Assessment (HRA) online and lifestyle questionnaire to help you maintain or improve your health. If you are enrolled in the Compass Group Support Services medical plan and complete the HRA, you will receive a $3 per week credit for your medical deductions for all of 2016. This credit is also available to spouses/domestic partners who enroll in our medical plan and complete the HRA. Click on the Intervent link below for more information or give them a call at 877-498-0212.
Fee Disclosure Notice
Medicare Creditable Coverage
Every year CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) requires that all Medicare eligible employees are notified that the prescription drug programs Compass Group Support Services offers are considered Creditable. Please click here for the disclosure notice.
More information on Creditable Coverage can be found on the CMS website: